Our last day in beautiful, warm, sunny Florida...
Our last day of vacation...
What a sad day.
.
That morning I made my last hike to the cafeteria for some breakfast. While waiting for Keith's Pop-waffle to cook I decided I too would have waffles. However, I opted for some Mickey waffles that were offered as a kids meal. They were so cute & yummy too! Upon my return to the
room I realized I forgot utensils -- Keith's turn for a walk! (Lesson learned, after all that waiting for the food, to check out, to get your beverages... make sure you picked up your utensils at the end of the register!).
We made sure everything was packed up safe & secure. Then said
our goodbyes... Flat Fred to his towel friends; and us to Stacey. (It's just not a Magical day without Stacey to greet you.).
With that, we headed to Fort Wilderness to say goodbye to Helen & Bob. It certainly looks different with the RV closed up & when all the little camping accessories aren't
there to make the place festive. :( It just lets you know that vacation has come to an end. Just not for them. They're headed... well, they actually don't quite know where. But when you've got your bed, bath & kitchen with you, it doesn't much matter, now does it. Happy travels to you both. Enjoy the weather.And we're off to the airport. If we can find it! It took a few tries, but it was a learning experience. Ultimately, we learned a good direct route to the airport; that you should drop off you baggage before returning the car (& check in at the same time); you never can get to the airport early enough for "first come first serve seating" and that Keith isn't a good navigator if he can't read signs (George discovered when returning the car).
.
While we were waiting for George & Keith to return, we found a lovely little store called "The Disney Store" (ever heard of one?) Complete with items I passed up on before (so I got them) & workers with pins ready to be traded (which I did). It was a pretty good last experience for the trip, if I do say so myself. By then we met back up with more of the group, had a photo taken with Mickey & began our journey to security.
.
More things to remember for next time... Take off your belt & phone so you don't set off the alarm; purse gets turned on it's side for the x-ray (learned & remembered from first flight); go to the boarding area 1 hour before boarding, not 30 minutes before (should they decide to board & you're not there, you lose you spot in line & go to the end -- not so great when there is no assigned seating)
.
Once on board, we found seats, not together, but close enough. Keith, Zach & George had themselves positioned to play a game of Scrabble. Craig got his window seat in the back. Dawn made a friend a got a free drink. Jill & Reagan were close by too. As for the other 5, I really don't know where they got to... The flight itself was much smoother today. Yet not as thrilling when it's time for landing --looking down at Pittsburgh in the winter doesn't give you that same feeling as landing in Florida. (If I had a window seat I would have gotten pictures to share. But alas, I did not.)
.
I will end with one last helpful tip... program your parking number/letter into your phone. It helps. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment